TEL: 905 721 7723
TOLL-FREE: 1 866 568 9476
The foundation of clinical practice is client relations. We are committed to client-centered values and place an emphasis on strength, resiliency, and collaboration. Our intent is to provide a “one-stop” full-range psychological and counselling service for you and your family. Our goal is to help you in your effort for change and growth. We use a variety of evidence-based approaches. This means that the interventions that we use have been proven effective by research. These approaches are based on a systemic and lifespan orientation. In other words, we consider the influence of different social system relationships such as family, peer, and community at large on a person, as well as the unique challenges that a person or a family might face during various phases of the life cycle. Treatment might be offered in an individual, group, couple or family format, depending on the problem and whom it affects. Services are provided by registered psychologists or by experienced masters and doctoral clinicians under the supervision of a psychologist.
Treatments or psychotherapeutic approaches used by psychologists should be empirically-supported treatments. In other words, psychologists should use treatments which have been proven effective by research.
Our Clients’ Issues
We help our clients with:
- Personal growth and development issues such as self-esteem, career, and vocational interests
- Major situational and developmental transitions such as stress management, separation and divorce, loss and bereavement, motor vehicle accidents, chronic illness, and family life transitions
- Significant relationship conflicts and intimacy issues such as family relationship discord, parent-child conflict, parenting, couple relationship breakup, intimacy issues, and sexual difficulties
- Socially-related issues and trauma such as immigration and cultural dislocation, social isolation, child abuse, sexual abuse, and domestic violence
- Behavioural difficulties and mental health concerns such as anger management, Depression, Anxiety, and Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Child development and behavioural issues such as cognitive and intellectual functioning, Autism Spectrum Disorder, Attention Deficit Disorder, Asperger’s Syndrome, disruptive and oppositional behaviours, conduct problems, and trouble with the law.